Let me guess…you take a multivitamin! I don’t blame you. Society tells us too. We’ve been taught to think we need a multi-vitamin to better our health, not get sick, and replace the vitamins we are missing from not eating certain foods. Have you ever thought about how a multivitamin is made? Have you even looked up “should I be taking a multi-vitamin” or do you listen to your doctor just because they told you so? Are you aware that we aren’t vitamin deficient, but we are whole food nutrition deficient? Hmmm…never thought of that last one, huh?
I’m going to challenge you to read this article…it will take 5 minutes at most and may be an eye opener.
At this point you are probably asking, what else should I take instead of a multivitamin as my doctor has told me never to stop taking one!?!? I just read in an article that said, “On average, U.S. medical schools offer only 19.6 hours of nutrition education across four years of medical school, according to a 2010 report in Academic Medicine.” Wow. And we trust doctors with nutritional help!?!
That brings me to a phenomenon that most people can’t grasp the concept of. Not even most doctors! Something just short of Jetson food. The miraculous salad bar in a capsule. How is that even possible? Most fruits and vegetables are 75% or more made of water. When you remove the water, you get powdered produce. So much goodness in a couple of capsules or chewables! Who would have thunk!?
Let me guess…you are one of the rare people who eats enough raw, whole fruits and vegetables, right? Ok. I believe you. If you are telling me that you do eat plenty…read on. If you KNOW you don’t…read on.
*Here are 5 reasons why people who think they eat enough fruits and vegetables need to be eating more
- The average person is supposed to eat 7-13 servings of a variety of raw, whole fruits and vegetables. 14-19 for people who work out. 20+ for pregnant, breastfeeding, or chronically ill (auto-immune, allergies, cancer, etc). One serving is an entire cup. People eat salads everyday, they throw on 5 mushrooms, 5 tomatoes, and maybe a ¼ of a pepper. Even if you did count that as 4 servings…still not enough!
- You aren’t eating raw! Who wants to eat raw eggplant? Or raw artichokes? Not even possible. But when you cook it…you miss out on all of the benefits as they are being cooked out.
- Our soil is depleted. Example- 1 bowl of spinach in 1953 is equivalent to 43 bowls in 1997 as far as daily iron supply. Who is going to eat 43 bowls of spinach…uncooked?!?! I’ll probably look like Elphaba in Wicked after that!
- We only eat the inside. Oranges contain more vitamin C per gram than any other citrus fruit. “3.5 ounces of orange peel provides 136 milligrams (mg) of vitamin C, while the flesh contains about 71 mg. Orange peel also contains considerable amounts of calcium, copper, magnesium, vitamin A, folate and other B vitamins and dietary fiber.” Are you eating the peel everyday? Oh, and make sure it’s organic!!
- We never get enough variety/rainbow. We stick to our favorite. Go look in your fridge right now. I bet you have broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, apples, bananas, and oranges. Do I win the $100? Go buy some cabbage, acerola cherries, red currants, kale or prunes! Eat the colors of the rainbow…and no, not skittles.
*Now, the 5 things that set us apart from your everyday, run of the mill multivitamin
- It checks off the 3 components of safety. Is it safe for pregnancy? Is it safe for children of any age? Is it safe for cancer patients. If your multivitamin is not safe for any of these people, why do you think it’s safe for you? Read your labels. I hope you don’t have a child or pregnancy warning on yours.
- All of our products are vegan, gluten free, non GMO and NSF Certified. What is NSF certification? Well it’s BETTER than organic! It basically states that nothing can be in the product that is not on the label. Organic produce can still use organic herbicides, pesticides etc. If it’s NSF certified, those herbicides and more have to be written on the label, or else it’s not in the product. Transparency.
- Family Health Study. We love families so much, we give back to the community. For every adult that makes the choice to ditch their multivitamins and eat whole food nutrition, we gift free product to one of your children ages 4- college for up to 4 years. Again…for FREE!
- Scientific research. We are the number one most thoroughly researched whole food nutritional product in the world. 38 studies and counting to be exact. They all have one thing in common. Bio-avialability. When it’s in your body, it gets absorbed immediately. Have you ever thought about the scientific research on your multivitamins?
- And I saved my favorite for last. Look at your multivitamin. I bet it has a vitamin or supplement label. Do I win another $100? Vitamins and supplements are not bio-available in the body.
Hence, the expensive pee.
Are you ready to make one simple change to help you bridge the gap between what you are doing and what we should be doing? Let’s get you started!
*We don’t claim to cure, but if there is an ailment you or someone you know may be suffering from, I’d love to share testimonials from people I’ve been able to help as well as share my personal story*
Content provided by Women Belong member Penny Shack