Women Belong Rules
Last Updated: December 23, 2020
I understand that my membership payment indicates that I agree to and understand the following:
- The Women Belong Rules may change at any time and I will be able to find the latest rules at www.womenbelong.com/rules.
- Requests to establish a new Circle will be reviewed and approved or denied by the staff of Women Belong at its sole discretion.
- If I work in the network marketing and/or direct sales profession, I will not actively recruit other members into my business during Women Belong events and meetings or within the Women Belong digital community, including, but not limited to, the Facebook group, Slack, and within online Member Spotlights.
- My membership is non-transferable. Special exceptions can be made at the sole discretion of Women Belong staff.
- If I let my membership lapse and decide to renew more than ten (10) business days after the renewal date, I will pay a new $50 application fee.
- A guest is defined as any individual who is not a current Compass, Circle or Core member of Women Belong.
- A guest may attend up to three Circles a maximum of two (2) times in a calendar year as a visitor (six total visits).
- Members, serving as a substitute or visiting another Circle, may attend up to three Circles a maximum of two (2) times in a calendar year as a visitor (six total visits).
- I will respect the time of my fellow members by responding promptly to invites and I will be on time. If I arrive more than 10 minutes late or leave more than 10 minutes early for a meeting, at the discretion of the Circle leadership team, my attendance may not be counted.
Changes in Membership
- If I decide to transfer to another Circle, I will pay a one-time transfer fee of $50.
- If I want to change the category that I represent in the Circle and that category is unrepresented, I will incur a change fee of $25.
- I commit to attending at least eight (8) meetings during a calendar six-month period (January – June or July – December).
- If I cannot attend a meeting, I may arrange for a substitute to attend in my place. If the substitute represents and works for the same company as I do, she can fill in for me unlimited times during a calendar year. If she does not work for the same company, she is limited to two visits per year per the guest rule.
- I will notify the Circle’s Leader in advance if I am unable to attend a meeting. This is done using the Member Absence Form.
- If I require a leave of absence (medical, maternity or miscellaneous), I will provide a written request to Women Belong (email@example.com). Requests will be reviewed and approved or denied at the sole discretion of Women Belong staff.
- Engagement Points are defined as the total of Attendance Points and Guest Points.
- For each meeting I attend, I will receive 1 Attendance Point.
- Any time a guest attends at my invitation it will count as 2 Guest Points (guests are defined above).
- Business substitutes, someone who represents and works for the same company as I do, and Women Belong members serving as my substitute will count as 1 Attendance Point.
- No (0) Guest Points will be accrued for visits from Women Belong members who are visiting my Circle and are not acting as a substitute.
- My goal each six-month calendar period (January – June, July – December) is to have a minimum of two guests attend (a total of 4 Guest Points)
- My total goal for each six-month calendar period is a total of 12 Engagement Points. If I accrue less than eight (8) Engagement Points (a combination of Attendance and Guest Points) in a six-month period (January – June or July – December) my membership in the Circle will be reviewed.
- I understand that our goal is to keep a diverse industry make-up in our Circles, and that new membership of network marketing business members will be capped at 20% of the Circle’s membership. This applies to any new members joining a Circle and/or existing members looking to change business categories.
- During Circle meetings, I will adhere to the Organization Rule, “If I work in the network marketing and/or direct sales profession, I will not actively recruit other members into my business during Women Belong events and meetings or within the Women Belong digital community, including, but not limited to, the Facebook group, Slack, and within online Member Spotlights.”
- The Spotlight blog can be removed for any or no reason.
- Any Spotlight contribution I make will be my own work with proper attributions and I, not Women Belong, am responsible for the content.
- All images or quotes must be properly cited and/or licensed.
- Members will have a maximum of 5 keyword tags in their Spotlight.
- If I offer a deal on www.womenbelong.com to the members, it will include a start and end date.
- I am responsible for putting up the deal and taking it down in a timely fashion.
- If my membership is terminated, my deal will be terminated.
- I will honor any offer that I have posted on www.womenbelong.com.
- Deal specifics will include whether it is only for members or may be shared outside the Women Belong network.