I love travel. I am fortunate to travel a lot both for pleasure with my family and for my work with Young Living Essential Oils (which is also basically for pleasure!).
I also am passionate about maintaining my healthy lifestyle all year long…no matter where in the world I happen to be.
Yet, it can be tricky to maintain healthy eating, healthy living and not be overwhelmed with the stress of travel…all while using non-toxic means!
I keep a carry on travel bag packed with my basic necessities so I am always ready to go and can stay healthy and stress free!
Here are a few of the things I keep in my bag:
- a must have for me so I can diffuse essential oils in my hotel room.
Immune Support Roll On
- I make variations of this but recently I like 10 drops Oregano and 10 drops Thieves essential oil with carrier oil in a 10 ml roller bottle. I roll it on several times a day, more if I feel unwell. Here is another recipe I make a lot.
Sleepy Time Roll On
- 10 drops each Lavender and Cedarwood with carrier oil in a 10 ml roller bottle is a go to favorite of mine for sleep. I keep a lot of oils in my arsenal for jet lag too.
- the ‘Swiss Army knife’ of oils. Seriously. I diffuse for sleep. I swipe the inside of my nostrils if I need to deal with pollen issues (this is my go to ‘seasonal sniffle’ recipe). I to aloe or carrier oil and apply to mild sunburns.
- a great oils to diffuse for a pick me up. Inhaling peppermint can be great for occasional car sickness or nausea. Peppermint is also cooling to the skin, so I like to add a drop to water and spritz the back of my neck in a cooling spray.
Thieves Hand Purifier and Spray
- I love these little mini bottles to keep my hands and surfaces clean but not adding toxins to my life. I can’t imagine not having these every day, much less when I travel!
Seedlings Baby Wipes
- No, I don’t have a baby but I do like to put some of these non-toxic wipes in a small ziplock and have them in my carry on to wipe up messes, clean tray tables, all of those types of things!! These baby wipes from Young Living have come in handy on many a time!
- an essential oil blend of digestive supporting essential oils. I drop a drop right under my tongue or roll on our stomachs whenever we overeat, feel bloated or have other digestive issues.
Lemon Vitality essential oil
- I add a drop of this to my stainless water bottle full of water to help with immune support and to make the water taste great!
- an essential oil blend that is great for supporting the immune system and keeping the air clean.
Duct Tape and Zip Ties
- sounds weird but I do carry a few zip ties and a travel size duct tape. I have yet to use the zip ties but some day someone is going to need one and I shall come to the rescue! The duct tape gets used a lot!
Ziplocks and a trash bag
- you never know when these are going to come in handy!
Recently I met up with Renee from Irv’s Luggage (right here in Mt. Prospect), who is in the Vernon Hills Circle, and we talked about all sorts of accessories that we both love to use. She had many of my favorites at her store right here in Mt Prospect!
- there are so many types out there but Renee showed me some really cool ones at her store. I like one that wraps around my neck to support all around. I can also put a drop of Lavender or Thieves in my hands and rub on my pillow to help me sleep or stay well.
- these are really helpful on long flights. I notice my feet get swollen when I fly overseas and these help with my circulation.
- a light, foldable travel blanket is so helpful. I have used it on long layovers or when I have delayed flights. Also makes a nice picnic blanket if you have to eat on the floor.
RFID sleeves for credit cards and passport
- I had never heard of these but now will have them for travel! These sleeves protect you from ‘electronic pickpocketing’ also known as RFID skimming!
- these are lifesavers for travel. Renee showed me so many different sizes! I love keeping my clothes organized by type or day and I find when I use cubes I can fit so much more in my bag.
I have found these simple tools are some of the things that keep me sane when I travel and allow me to bring my non-toxic lifestyle on the road.
What about you? Do you have any travel tips you want to share? I am always looking for more ideas!!
Content provided by Women Belong member Tamara Mannelly